Background of Rashatriya Madhayamic Shikasha Abhiyan
–“…. Making good quality education available to all students in all schools at affordable fees is a primary commitment of the Common School System”
–“State Should invest in public schools system with standards, norms, building etc., with the same standards as that of Kendriya Vidyalayas”
–Prime Minister’s Independence Day speech 2007-08
- Department related parliamentary standing committee on Human Resources Development in its 206th report on Demands for Grants 2008-09
Goals & Objectives
- To ensure that all secondary schools have physical facilities, staffs and supplies at least according to the prescribed standards through financial support in case of Government/ Local Body and Government aided schools, and appropriate regulatory mechanism in the case of other schools.
- To improve access to secondary schooling to all young persons according to norms – through proximate location (say, Secondary Schools within 5 kms, and Higher Secondary Schools within 7-10 kms) / efficient and safe transport arrangements/residential facilities, depending on local circumstances including open schooling. However in hilly and difficult areas, these norms can be relaxed. Preferably residential schools may be set up in such areas.
- To ensure that no child is deprived of secondary education of satisfactory quality due to gender, socio-economic, disability and other barriers.
- To improve quality of secondary education resulting in enhanced intellectual, social and cultural learning.
- To ensure that all students pursuing secondary education receive education of good quality.
- Achievement of the above objectives would also, inter-alia, signify substantial progress in the direction of the Common School System.
Constitution of Clusters under RMSA
Bilaspur, Chamba, Hamirpur, Kangra, Kinnaur, Kullu, Lahaul & Spiti, Mandi, Shimla, Sirmour,
Solan and Una
For More Information
RASHTRIYA MADHYAMIK SHIKSHA ABHIYAN
A SCHEME FOR UNIVERSALISATION OF ACCESS TO AND IMPROVEMENT OF QUALITY AT THE SECONDARY AND HIGHER SECONDARY STAGE
for more details click here
Download :Secondary Education Management Information System (SEMIS) for the year 2011-12 (collecting information from classes IX to XII)