Indian Art
Indian Folk Dance
Statue of Ganesh Ji
Holy Statue India
{short description of image}

ARCHAEOLOGY

PROTECTED MONUMENTS

CHAUNDA (Chamunda) DEVI TEMPLE, DEVIKOTHI, CHAMBA

The Chamunda temple at Devi Kothi (earlier called Devi-ri-Kothi) is one of the important wooden temple of the later medieval period of Chamba. Situated 130 kilometres from Chamba towards the north, Devi Kothi has been one of the important parganas of the erstwhile Chamba State. According to the inscription in Tankari on the wooden panels beside the main door, Raja Umed Singh (AD 1748-1764) of Chamba built this temple, in AD 1754. View More

KAMLAH FORT, SARKAGHAT, MANDI
The erstwhile state of Mandi was in ancient times supposed to have contained 360 forts, but of these, only ten are now in existence and rest all are disappeared. The Kamlah fort is one of those forts of Mandi, which are lying in bad state of preservation. This fort was built by Raja Hari Sen of Mandi state in 1625-30 A.D. and was strongly fortified by his son Raja Suraj Sen. According to another legend, Baba Kamlahia, a renowned saint appeared in the dream of Raja Suraj Sen and ordered him to construct a fort and temple at this place which will be invincible. View More
JANAKI NATH TEMPLE, JAISINGHPUR, KANGRA
Jaisinghpur is a tehsil headquarters of a tehsil of the same name in the Palampur subdivision of Kangra district. Located on the right bank of the Beas, this town is 50 kilometres from Palampur and 90 kilometres from Dharamshala.As the tradition goes, one of the Katoch rulers of Kangra built this temple in the memory his daughter.   View More
MAGRU MAHADEV TEMPLE, CHHATRI, THUNAG, MANDI
The glorious monument, Magaru Mahadev Temple at Chhatri village, is known for its marvellous woodcarvings. The Chhatri village is situated at a distance of 50 Kilometres from Karsog and 160 kilometres from Shimla.The architecture of this temple is a combination of pagoda and mandap style. View More
MAHADEV BHUVNESHWAR TEMPLE, RAJNAGAR, CHAMBA
Located about 13 kilometres from Chamba on the Chamba-Tissa Road, this village is accessible by a link road to the village. This temple may be the only monument that reflects certain typical characteristics of the Kashmiri stone temple architecture. It is said that Rajnagar was earlier known as Nad, but Raja Umed Singh (AD 1748- 1764) of Chamba changed its name to Rajnagar after his son Raj Singh, who was born there in AD 1755. View More
PARASHAR TEMPLE, MANDI
This lakeside temple site is now accessible from Mandi and Bajaura towns through a 20 kilometres long curvy and steep lateral fair-weather road, which off takes at Bagi, a wayside village about 28 kilometres from Mandi between Kataula and Dulchi Pass on the Mandi-Dulchi Pass (2061metres above MSL)-Bajaura road. Situated on its verge of this lake, is the age-old magnificent and lofty wooden temple of Parashar Rishi. View More
RADHA KRISHN TEMPLE, DADASIBA, KANGRA
Raja Ram Singh (Siba state) and his subject were the devotees of Krishn. It is said that they used to visit Mathura and Brindavan on pilgrimage. As the tradition goes, Ram Singh is known to have suggested his subject the idea of construction a temple for Krishn at Dada Siba so that they did not have to visit the distant Mathura- Brindavan.  View More
SHIV TEMPLE, AMMAN, BHORANJ, HAMIRPUR
This temple is situated on the local mound on right side of the Didwin-Tikkar-Tal-Kerwin Mor link Road at a distance of 16 kilometres from Hamirpur, in village Amman, Tehsil Bhoranj, of district Hamirpur. Another approach to this village is from Kerwin Mor, an off-taking point on the Hamirpur-Lambalu-Jahoo Road. This unicellular temple laid out on the tri-rath plan measures 1.27 metres square internally.  View More